If you are interested in the services of the Youth Conservation Corps, or would like to arrange a free site visit, please complete this online YCC Project Request Form and we will get in touch with you. We are available to look at specific problems or simply to review your property and suggest ways to reduce your impact on the lakes.
You may want to take advantage of the YCC if…
- you have more grass than other vegetation in your yard.
- your shoreline is eroding (you notice loss of soil, undercutting, exposed roots).
- your driveway or path goes downhill towards the lake.
- you have soil displacement under roof drip lines.
- you have spots of bare soil in your yard.
- you want to know what you can do to improve water quality.
Phosphorus is in soil, and when storm water erodes the soil, too much phosphorus gets into the lakes, decreasing water quality and increasing the potential for algal blooms. This non-point source pollution is one of the biggest threats to our lakes. All work is strictly cooperative with landowners and no sites will be identified for enforcement action. Our purpose is to encourage good stewardship of our lakes.