When so many organizations are asking you to give, you may be wondering–why choose 30MRWA? We’ll tell you:
- We practice holistic conservation. Effective conservation requires many approaches to truly understand and protect our lakes. Our water quality monitoring, courtesy boat inspections, invasive plant patrols, Youth Conservation Corps, camp road assistance, watershed surveys and education programming all cover different aspects of lake protection. Our strategy is to protect, improve, prevent, understand, and educate.
- Our programs cover an extensive region. We help conserve more than twenty lakes, ponds and streams in Kennebec, Androscoggin and Franklin Counties, including Androscoggin Lake, Basin Pond, David Pond, Echo Lake, Flying Pond, Kimball Pond, Lovejoy Pond, Minnehonk Lake, Parker Pond, Pocasset Lake and Tilton Pond.
- We’re expanding. 2016 was the first year we implemented our water quality monitoring program, in which we worked alongside volunteers to gather critical data from six lakes. Next year, we hope to add two more lakes to our schedule, along with more workshops, lectures, education programs, and invasive plant surveys.
- We need your help. We only have until December 31st to meet our Annual Fund goal of $60,000. This funding is essential to supporting all our programming, which is carried out by just two year-round staff and our small team of seasonal employees.
- Most importantly: You love your lakes! Maine lakes are at risk of losing their environmental, aesthetic, recreational, and economic value. Help us study, protect, and improve our lakes before it is too late.
We hope you’ll contribute today and help us meet our goal. Donate online or by mailing a check to:
30 Mile River Watershed Association
PO Box 132
Mount Vernon, ME 04352